Sunday, December 7, 2014

"Measure What Matters" Review

Our final novel in my social media course happened to be “Measure What Matters” by Katie Paine. I am extremely happy to have finished our fourth and final book, but it really left me wanting more. I was hoping to walk away with a new perspective on social media tools, but I felt nauseated instead.

The novel is extremely repetitive in nature. Paine first notes seven steps to measurement, then continues to repeat each step in every single chapter. If you don’t know the steps by the end, you probably fell asleep.

I think Paine makes some very valid points throughout the book, but I only need to read each argument one time to understand. The repetitive nature just left me disinterested and frustrated throughout the entire novel. Maybe a 50 page version of the novel would have served a stronger purpose, but don’t waste your time reading every detail in this book. 

2 comments:

  1. Meredith,

    I totally share your sentiments about the repetitive nature of the book. By the end I was so sick of reading it simply because I felt like it was the same thing over and over again. She definitely has some good nuggets of information in the book but they are far and few between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your opinions of this book. There were some valid points, however the nature of the book was very repetitive. I have to admit I was ecstatic when I finished reading it!

    ReplyDelete