Sunday, November 30, 2014

Turkey or Figs?

Thanksgiving break could not have gone faster with friends, family and food that adorned a weeklong occasion. Everyone usually gushes about Thanksgiving dinner, but I had a second meal that definitely beat my mom’s cooking. The amazing meal that took all of my mom’s glory was at the Flying Fig in Ohio City.

The restaurant features food from small local farmers, and the menu features seasonal items reflecting the agricultural availability. The food literally tasted as if it had been picked off of the farm that same day. My family was practically fighting over the appetizers because it tasted so amazing.

The wine and beer selection was also a lot of fun for my family to try new things and sample each other’s picks. I especially enjoyed the wine served on tap.



If you are in Cleveland and looking for a new place to try, I would definitely suggest trying out the Flying Fig. Maybe the menu will also surpass your Thanksgiving turkey. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I hope I get a chance to go to Cleveland so I can visit this place! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith,

    I have heard a lot about the Flying Pig, but I hardly ever find myself in Cleveland. Perhaps it would be worth a special trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying new restaurants, and having an excuse to go to new places so if I am going to suggest this to my family and hope we can go up to Cleveland and try it out. Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohio city is becoming a very "hip" and economically conscious cuisine area. Lots of restaurants are doing the same thing as The Flying Fig. They are buying from local farms, wild caught fish, brew locally, and seasonal menus. I suggest checking out any restaurant in the ohio city area!

    ReplyDelete